The Quantum Design PPMS represents a unique concept in laboratory equipment: an open architecture, variable temperature-field system, designed to perform
The Quantum Design PPMS represents a unique concept in laboratory equipment: an open architecture, variable temperature-field system, designed to perform a variety of automated measurements. Use the PPMS with our specially-designed measurement options, or easily adapt it to your own experiments. Sample environment controls include fields up to ±16 tesla and temperature range of 1.9 – 400 K. Its advanced expandable design combines many features in one instrument to make the PPMS the most versatile system of its kind.
Cryogen-Free Option Available Now! The Quantum Design PPMS EverCool-II® is an exciting cryogen-free enhancement to our industry-leading Physical Property Measurement System (PPMS) product line. Available in new systems, or as an upgrade to your existing PPMS.
- Sealed sample chamber with 2.6 cm diameter sample access.
- EverCool-II cryogen-free cooling technology.
- Versatile sample mounts couple easily to the 12 electrical leads built into the cryostat insert.
- The PPMS is controlled by the Model 6000, a sophisticated microprocessor-controlled device that eliminates the need to use or purchase external bridges, current or voltage sources, or lock-in amplifiers.
- Continuous Low-Temperature Control – maintains temperature below 4.2 K and offers smooth temperature transitions when warming and cooling through 4.2 K.a
- Temperature Sweep Mode.
- User Experiments – External instruments may be controlled automatically using an integrated Visual Basic interface within our Windows-based MultiVu control software or by controlling external Visual C++, Delphi or Visual Basic programs. Click here for more details. In addition, our Grapher utility displays data as it is being collected.
PPMS Magnet Options
- Select from 7, 9, 14 and 16 tesla magnets.
- Or order a system with no magnet and add a magnet when needed.
- A split-coil 7 tesla transverse magnet is also available.